At TempTribe, we offer work to our staff all year round. However, certain months can be significantly busier than others. When can you expect to get more shifts? Why do we have more shifts during certain months? How can you ensure that you still get work during the “quieter” seasons? We’ve got all the answers for you right here.
Two main busy seasons for getting shifts
Basically, staffing agencies in general experience two particularly busy periods: we have our Slammed Summer and our Crazy Christmas! The hospitality industry takes a breather at the beginning of the year after the craziness of the run-up to Christmas (you know what we’re talking about). It then slowly starts gaining momentum again around March only to hit another climax in the months of June and July.
Seasonal events lead to more shifts
As you can imagine, there are certain times of the year when people just LOVE an event!
Most companies these days host summer parties – a fantastic way to show appreciation to their staff! At the same time, the summer season means the wedding season! Who wouldn’t want to get married in the glorious London sunshine?
Winter is by no means doom and gloom in the events industry. We get those Christmassy feelings kicking in from late October and stretching all the way to just days before Christmas when everyone finally rests their exhausted selves under the nearest Christmas tree.
More work = more money = more opportunities
Not only do the busy seasons give you fantastic opportunities to earn some great cash. They are also the best time to get more experience as all of our clients are super busy. The demand is very high everywhere and you’re likely to get a chance to work with clients that you haven’t worked with before. Perhaps you are a big fan of working at hotels but have never experienced the buzz of a run with a caterer? This is the perfect time to do that, as there are always plenty of shifts to go round.
Get the most out of the busy season
If you work hard during the busy seasons, it will be much easier for you to get work during the quieter seasons too. There are a few things you can do to get the most out of the busiest periods of the year.
- Apply, apply, apply! You do know that you can apply for multiple shifts on the same day, right? This increases your chances of being booked.
- Let us know if you are keen to work a double shift – we often have shifts that are one after another. Working a double shift is a great way to maximise your earning potential. You’re already there, so why not earn some more money while at it?
- Commit to a run. We have some amazing caterers we work with. They need consistent, regular and large teams for their summer and Christmas runs. Keep an eye out for the emails from us – we often announce when a caterer is looking for staff for their upcoming run!
- Always bring all parts of your uniform! We suggest travelling around with all uniform items you could need – a black shirt, a white shirt, a waistcoat and a tie. This means that if you are a reserve, you can earn double the money if you aren’t used at your shift by going to another one. It also means that if you see a last-minute shift pop up on the app, you will be ready to go!
- Call the office if you aren’t needed as a reserve. We will often have another shift to offer you. You will still get paid for the unused reserve shift, but also get more money on top of that.
- Always keep a great attitude! Busy seasons are fantastic times to impress our lovely clients and get favourited. If you’re a favourite, you are more likely to be guaranteed a shift in the quieter months!